Tuesday, January 8, 2008

catering to the masses like it was 1984

Like a lark, I put up my blog, as part of the requirements for my English class.  Really, I could have easily set up a new blog, one with deep, eloquent NY TImes Editorial-esque rants and politically conservative (yet tolerant, emphasis on the tolerant) views.  It would be insightful, moving, but no one would read it, not even I.   

To the professors who are reading:
Unlike the majority of things I've done, this is one of the few intrinsic projects I've participated in.  I'll play nice and do the assignments.  However, keep in mind that adhering to certain regulations and the looming threat of censorship (during this day and age) will make Orwell turn in the grave.  You're a wonderful lot and I'm looking forward to this quarter.  Anything class related will be tagged E101. (makes the mess easier to sift through)

Oh, that was fun.  A little passive rebellion never hurt anyone. (or did anything)  Better than that incident with post-it notes, at least.  The day started out on the wrong foot. (for us left-handers, it would be the RIGHT foot)  I had my gym bag meticulously prepared the day before, but I  had forgotten to wear my running sneakers.  Instead, my feet were donned with a $14 pair of Tote (yeah, the umbrella company) water-proof shoes.

No comments: